Windows and Ubuntu 16.04 installation in three steps using Wubi
There are many ways to install Linux OS along with Windows. Wubi is the best way to install Linux alongside Windows. Fortunately, I have found a very good way to install Ubuntu 16.04 in just 3 steps alongside Windows. You don’t need any CD or burning software. Here is how we do that.
1. Always have your computer connected to the internet throughout the installation process. Download Wubi for Ubuntu 16.04 from Dropbox link below:
UPDATE: Wubi UBUNTU 16.10- Download Here
2. Run Ubuntu and the following screen will appear. Set values according to the instructions in the picture below:
- Installation drive: C: (256GB free)
- Language: English (US) or Preferred Language
- Installation size: 15 GB
- Desktop environment: Ubuntu
- Username: Select your Username
- Password: Select your Password
3. Download and installation will begin after you click “Install” button above. It will download around 1GB of Ubuntu 16.04 iso file. After installation is performed, select “Reboot Now”. You PC will reboot and takes you to Ubuntu OS automatically to finalize installation but you don’t need to do anything. Again, the computer will automatically reboot and you will be directed to bootmager screen below where you can select OS you want. DONE! 🙂
Now you can select Windows 7 or Ubuntu OS.
Ubuntu is a Debian-based Linux operating system and distribution for personal computers. It uses Unity as its default user interface. It is based on free software and named after the Southern African philosophy of ubuntu. Development of Ubuntu is led by UK-based Canonical Ltd., a company owned by South African entrepreneur Mark Shuttleworth. In March 2016 Microsoft announced that they would support the Ubuntu. The Windows 10 kernel by implementing the Linux system calls as a subsystem. The system requirements vary among Ubuntu products. Ubuntu is also available on PowerPC and SPARC platforms.